21 Aug The Best Email Subject Lines
Chances are, you get a ton of emails in your inbox every single day. In fact, 205 billion emails are sent out daily. Due to lack of time or interest, not every single message is going to get read. This means brands have just seconds to make their message seem worthwhile to the reader.
Statistics show that 47% of email recipients open an email based on the subject line alone, and 69% of email recipients report email as spam based solely on the subject line. Phew, so no pressure at all to write the catchiest and most intriguing subject line of all time! The entire mailer is pretty much counting on it…
Here are some top tips for writing the email subject lines, to increase your chances of a higher open rate:
- Keep it short – no more than 50 characters. Keep in mind that smartphones only display five or six words of a subject line, and more than 41% of emails are opened on mobile devices.
- Ask a question or entice curiosity – leave the subject line open ended to leverage the desire for closure.
- Use FOMO to your advantage, along with an element of urgency.
- Use emojis – just don’t overdo it; one is enough. ☝️
- Make it personal – include their name or other personal info like recent purchases.
- Include offers – especially if it’s free or discounted.
- Limit punctuation – too much and it’ll start to look like spam.
- Have a hook – try to communicate the benefits of your promotions or call attention to specific deals.
- Make it something that you would want to open.
Best Email Subject Line Examples
In need of a little inspiration? Here are some examples of great email subject lines:
- We saw you checking us out
- Uh-oh, your voucher is expiring
- A sneak peek for VIPs only
- 5 best places to eat pizza right now
- Before you write another blog post, read this
- We’re starting in 5 hours. Are you ready?
- It’s time to rethink digital marketing
The subject line is your customer’s first (and sometimes last) impression, so it’s best to make it really count!
Not sure where to get started when it comes to email marketing? As one of the leading Agencies for Digital Marketing, we’re ready to get your brand noticed with attention grabbing email subject lines that get those clicks. Get in touch today and let’s talk!
Originally posted 2022-06-15 09:27:01.