21 Aug What’s The Difference Between Display Ads and Text Ads
More businesses are beginning to understand the power of having a good digital marketing strategy. This has forced many advertisers to forgo traditional marketing methods, such as TV and radio advertising, for its digital counterparts. This shift has allowed businesses to reach a larger target audience, but with so many options at your disposal, it can be daunting to get started.
There are two types of digital advertising options that have become popular choices: text ads and display ads, but which one suits your business? Here are a few advantages to help you decide:
What are display ads?
Display ads are a terrific method to attract and encourage internet users from a website or social media platform to take a specific action. This type of advertisement is often made up of text-based, images or videos and is used to drive awareness towards your product or service.
- It’s a great way to grab your target audience’s attention. With text, video, audio and images at your disposal, you’re able to capture the user’s attention without being limited to specific character counts.
- Display Ads are a great way to increase brand awareness and visibility. With customers needing to see an ad at least 10 times before they make a purchase, this form of advertising is the perfect way to showcase your products and services.
- A great feature when utilising display ads is the remarketing or retargeting feature. This allows you to target potential customers based on past purchasing behaviours online, including potential customers who have visited before without converting.
Where your ads show up for a user plays a vital role in whether it receives relevant click-throughs or gets ignored. A big disadvantage of display ads is that consumers are quick to ignore these ads when they’re placed in “traditional spots” (on the sidebar, for example).
What are text ads?
A text ad is a line of promotional text that helps promote your product or service through Google. These ads appear on Google results pages and across the Google Network.
- Everything starts with a quick Google search. Consumers are always looking for information on products and services. An advantage of text ads is that it doesn’t push the user to purchase something they’re not interested in but shows them exactly what they’re looking for.
- If you’re just starting, text ads can be a great way to get featured on the first page of Google’s search results, providing you with much-needed exposure and allowing you to get in front of your audience. It’s also the perfect solution if your business does not rank high organically.
- Text ads blend well with organic Google searches, and without audio or video, it’s easier for users to consume. However, you’ll need great copy and relevant keywords to ensure your ad is a success!
Unfortunately, the disadvantage of text ads is that there is a high-level of competition, especially for popular search queries. This can see your cost per click for your target keyword soar, which makes having an effective PPC strategy with relevant keywords to your business so important.
If you’re eager to get your business in front of the right customers, creating a digital marketing strategy is crucial. Thankfully, our team at SOMS Digital Agency is ready to help you get results. Don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Originally posted 2023-01-04 08:59:08.