21 Aug 6 Quick Tips For Using Social Media Hashtags
Social media hashtags… we all know about them, but do we really know how to use them?
Hashtags can be used on almost every social media platform, and it’s a nifty way to get your content in front of the right people. Using relevant hashtags can also help boost brand awareness and social media engagement – important aspects when driving traffic and conversions.
However, hashtags are more than just posting relevant images to go alongside your #mondaymotivation post but should be combined with an effective social media strategy that utilises relevant and branded hashtags.
Here are a few quick helpful tips for using hashtags:
- Not all social media platforms are made the same. Try to suppress the urge to add 50 hashtags to your post. Using one to three hashtags can have more of an impact than 20.
- Hashtags are all about joining the conversation, and having a good conversation is a two-way street. Adding relevant hashtags may help boost your brand’s engagement through likes, shares and comments, but don’t forget to engage with your audience. This also means giving a bit of love to those utilising your hashtag – within reason, of course.
- It’s not always easy to choose the right hashtag, but make sure that your choice isn’t too obscure or too broad. You won’t benefit from choosing a hashtag that no one is searching for, while choosing a term that’s too broad may see your content get drowned out.
- A great way to create brand awareness and convert potential customers is through branded hashtags. Keep it simple by using your brand’s name or tagline.
- Do your research! This may seem obvious, but too many brands use hashtags that are not relevant to their business. If you’re a digital marketing company selling your service,s the hashtag #instagram may not get you in front of your customers. Think about what will work for your business and scout the tag before using it.
- Switch things up. There’s nothing wrong with using hashtags that work for your brand, but switching things up by using varying hashtags can help you reach a wider audience. Using different hashtags will also allow you to conduct first-hand research to see what works and what doesn’t.
These tips are a great starting point when it comes to effectively utilising hashtags and will ensure your message reaches the right people. If you’re ready to create a social media marketing strategy that works for your business, contact our team at SOMS Digital Agency.
Originally posted 2023-01-11 10:06:25.